Saturday, June 20, 2009

A little indroduction

I'll admit, I'm a bit of a newbie to this whole blog thing. I follow blogs, leave comments and post photos, but this is my first time creating a whole new original one!

I guess I should start with an introduction, and tell you why I'm qualified to write about fashion, art and life in general.

I've been in the fashion industry since I was 14, when I worked as a model in the SF Bay Area (which is where I grew up). I worked as a model until I was 18, which is when I left the wonderful city of San Francisco to attend Chapman University in Orange.

As a 14 year-old model, I dove headfirst into the diverse, eclectic and eccentric world of fashion. Working in San Francisco taught me to appreciate art and view fashion as an artistic expression, which will be the primary subject/purpose of this blog.

At Chapman, I'm pursuing a dual degree in Business Marketing and Public Relations and Advertising, with a minor in Communication Studies. It can be quite a load at times, but I balance out my schoolwork with my involvement on campus. My idea to start this blog actually originated as a public relations initiative for Chapman Couture, a professional-development fashion club which I am the president of. However, although I will occasionally blog about Chapman Couture on-goings, I'll use this blog primarily to reveal the tips, tricks and secrets that I've picked up about the fashion industry through my seven years of working in it.


xo
Alissa

No comments: