Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Modern "Princess" with a Sense of Style

Honestly, I can’t believe I’m about to write something positive about Paris Hilton.

Regardless of her personal choices && her notorious “claim to fame,” I gotta hand it to her.. she sure knows how to carry herself.

Despite often-horrendous press reviews, Paris exudes confidence and that, paired with a great sense of style, is what keeps the cameras flashing.

I recently had to get my wisdom teeth out (yes, I realize this rite of passage is occurring rather late in my life.. I’ve been putting it off cause I was terrified of the procedure.) Anyway, due to my enlarged chipmunk cheeks, I was trapped inside my house with no outlets besides this blog && my television set, which on a rare occasion, was actually turned on.

The point of that story—to explain to ya’ll why on earth I was watching Paris’ latest horrible show.. My New BFF.

I was simply appalled at the sheer ridiculousness of the subject matter. However, despite my rather strong dislike for the show, I’m not here to waste my time, or yours, to review the desperate attempts that people will steep to in order to grasp their fifteen minutes of fame.

Rather—I’m here to review what they wear while they make these attempts ;)

Honestly, the contestants on the show really need to step it up a notch. Not only are they on public television, but they are competing to be the best friend of a known stylista.. with that knowledge, don’t you think they’d try a little harder to look camera-ready, or at the very least, presentable?

Maybe the producers of the show asked them to dress so badly in order to make Paris look better. Now if that’s the case, then the plan was effective, cause no matter how much we all hate to admit it, Paris looks damn good on that show.

Although her style is a little too pink & frilly for my taste, she wears it well. For all the girly-girls out there who love lace, frills, and of course, all shades of pink, if you’re able to wear it in a fashion-forward way like Paris, I might just be able to resist from puking.


For example, I would normally say that any girl who pairs a light pink dress with a pair of hot-pink heels should go back to the 3rd grade, however, the cool rhinestones on the dress, the funky frill, and the bow really pull the outfit together.

This is actually the dress that inspired me to write a post about Paris’ style. I LOVE this dress. Its classy, sexy and fun! Also, I’m totally obsessed with the 1920’s, and LOVE flapper dresses.. this dress echoes the 20’s style without looking like something out of a costume shop. It’s a 21st century twist on a classic 1920’s look.



Paris Hilton.. a woman of class and elegance?? It’s a wonder how much the correct clothes can change a person’s appearance.

And as if to prove my prior point.. I came across this photo right after the prior one. This is more in-line with the usual image that comes to mind when I think of Paris Hilton.. too much pink, oversized, tacky plastic hoops and a skin-tight dress, that although probably cost hundreds, if not thousands, looks incredibly cheap.




keep it classy
xo
alissa

No comments: