Monday, June 22, 2009

Sex and the City Chic

On a whim a couple of weeks ago, I decided to just pick up & move to NYC for the rest of the summer.

Now, when I told people about my decision, most just called me crazy. I'll admit, my decision was spur-of-the-moment and may have been influenced by one too many glasses of good wine, but my mind was made up.

Four days after I decided to move to NYC (without knowing a single soul in the whole city && without a place to live,) I landed the internship of my dreams, so I decided it was fate for me to go!

Starting June 7th, I'll be interning at the St. John Knits showroom on 5th Avenue. To me, St. John encompasses the true meaning of class, grace and sophistication. The high quality fabric and unique blend of rayon and wool results in an amazing fit for any shape. St. John pieces are classic and timeless, perfect for any occasion!

Also, their website has a cool social networking site.. if you are a fan of the line, join the St. John community && friend me =)

The link is: http://www.sjk.com/community

A few of my favorite St. John images..

Marie Gray, the original designer and founder of St. John, in classic St. John attire!

The adventurous advertising featuring the bold & beautiful Kelly Gray, Marie Gray's daughter


Angelina Jolie for St. John

My favorite image from the most recent campaign



keep it classy
xo
alissa

No comments: